Vinyl flooring is commonly used in many places because of its characteristic features. There are certain ways to take care of this type of floor. Below mentioned are some do’s and don’t s with regard to maintenance of vinyl floors.
- It is generally said that it is easy to wipe off any spillage on a vinyl floor. But for this reason, you should not leave the stains for a long time. Wiping off the stains quickly is a wise practice as it will prevent the spills from staining the floor. Some colored stains are really hard if leftover.
- Dust the floor daily to keep the dirt particles away. You can sweep or vacuum your floor, whichever is convenient to you to remove dust.
- While talking about dirt, it is highly important that you have a foot mat at home. This can help you scrub away the dust from your shoes when you come from outside. If you walk on the vinyl floor with the dust particles, it will scratch the floor and the top finish will be lost.
- You can protect your floor from furniture scratches by using furniture pads for its legs. When you move the furniture from one place to another, your floor will not be spoiled this way.
- Washing of your floor using the prescribed vinyl cleaners is also necessary. This can be done once in a while.
- Don’t use any harsh chemical-based cleaner to clean your floors. When in doubt you can ask
lvt flooring in corpus christi tx about the type of cleaner to be used. Harsh chemicals may deprive the floor of its natural shine.
- Don’t pull your furniture frequently and that too without the protective covers. This will make a lot of scratches on the floor and damage it severely.
- Don’t use wax polish for your vinyl floors. This is not prescribed for this type of flooring.
- Do not use any harsh and abrasive tools for cleaning. If you find any hard stains, you should not use a sharp tool to remove them. You should get help from the cleaning agents who can suggest you a better way.